When I first began my Private Practice in 2010, I quickly realized that as clinicians, we go from session to session often without seeing our peers in our same building all day! This is what we refer to as "silos." Where you are alone. My vision was not to just have a Group Practice, but to create an ECOSYSTEM within which carefully selected providers are brought together, bringing many different skills, strengths, trainings, and gifts.
We work collaboratively and NOT competitively.
We find that sometimes we are not the best fit for our clients, so we connect them to a provider who may work better with their needs or presenting issues. We even network with excellent providers in the community outside of our group who offer insurance options, or specific skills that we may not possess.
Beyond that, My goal as a business owner, is to empower and promote our team members to pursue their career goals such as public speaking, teaching, writing, becoming supervisors, and even launching their own practice!
Something else you may notice, is the charm and aesthetics of our spaces. That is also, very on purpose. From a young age, I found "nesting" and making a space feel comforting to be of utmost importance. (Even referred to endearingly as "momma" in college for the homey feel of my apartment and good southern cooking) So we all take pride in bringing to you our lovely spaces to look forward to visiting, as opposed to feel anxious about a sterile environment.
Overall, our Leadership Team has spent intentional time looking at our CORE VALUES as a practice, and if someone or something is presented to our group that does not fit within those values, then it is an easy "No" for us. Sometimes things can be adjusted and come to fit for our team as they better align with our value system.
Each counselor is here on purpose.
The same that we believe that each of YOU are here on purpose.
NO ONE ever accidentally ends up on our couches...
And we cannot wait to explore, move through, and acheive your mental health goals with you!
Our Core Values at Matters of the Heart:
1. Transparent: Show up as who you are and where you’ve been in how that informs the work that you do with the client’s you treat and the counselors you work beside.
2. Collaborative: Working with a team dynamic to treat the whole person, family, or relationship you are treating by referring to or consulting with for greater support and success for our client’s.
3. Generous: Ever remaining mindful of our social justice to provide care and support for all of those who can and cannot afford private pay services- offering pro-bono to what social justice best aligns with you as an individual provider while also sharing your expertise and support to the peers and students learning within our group.
4. Authentic: Continuously cultivating and developing your craft as a clinician to treat your clients and work with other providers in a way that is wholly YOU and not trying to be a provider who treats XYZ and practices XYZ when your natural giftings set you up for success by focusing on ABC.
5. Empowering: Learning, Knowing, and Believing that you are right where you are supposed to be in such a time to work with whomever lands on your couch, and help them to own their lives and walk in who they were meant to be!
6. Family/Work-life Balance: KNOWING that home comes 1st and a team that agrees. To work hard with the client’s you are best equipped to serve, making a generous living so that you can work less in the office, and be present with your family more!